LEGAL PRACTICE AREAS
- Immigrant Visas
- Marriage Based Visas
- Fiance Visas
- U Visas for Victims of Specific Crimes
- Adjustment of Status
- Relative Petitions
- Self-Petitions for victims of domestic violence under VAWA
- Petitions to Remove the Conditions on Residence or waivers of the joint filing requirements
- Applications for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Waivers/ Provisional Waiver
- Motions and Appeals to USCIS, the Board of Immigration Appeals, the Administrative Appeals Office and other Federal Agencies
- Expedited Naturalization
- Acquired or Derivative Citizenship
- Consular Record of Birth Abroad
- Obtaining US Passports
At the Law Office of Christine Contreras, we believe that successfully addressing client needs requires compassion, empathy and honesty. We take on each case as a personal investment and fight for the best interests of our immigration clients. The Law Office of Christine Contreras strives to provide diligent legal advice and representation to our clients while assisting them in the complex immigration process. We hope you will entrust us to assist with your case.
The Law Office of Christine Contreras is dedicated to assisting people in navigating the complex immigration laws of the United States. Preserving and maintaining family unity is a cornerstone of our beliefs at the Law Office of Christine Contreras. The United States is a country built on the foundation of welcoming immigrants. We believe in the important words inscribed on the Statue of Liberty which state, …”Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.” Immigrants form the core of this great nation. Our law firm welcomes you and will provide the assistance you require to explore your options for obtaining legal or lawful status.
FREE CASE EVALUATION
MEET YOUR ATTORNEY
Her current practice focuses on the area of family-based immigration matters. Ms Contreras received a Bachelor of Arts degree, with an emphasis on political science, from DePaul University in 1997. She received a Juris Doctorate from DePaul University College of Law in 2000. She is an active member of the Illinois State Bar Association, Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois and the American Immigration Lawyers Association. She is fluent in English and Spanish.